New Patient Exam Only £20
If you are unfamiliar with dental appointments or a little concerned, the main thing is not to worry. Our dedicated team are with you every step of the way and happy to answer any questions you might have.
Let this guide take you through what to expect, step by step.
I AM A NEW PATIENT – WHAT CAN I EXPECT ?
- Once you have made an appointment you will receive a text message, email or both to confirm your initial appointment.
ON THE DAY OF YOU APPOINTMENT
- We advise you to arrive 10 minutes early to give yourself enough time to complete Patient Details, Medical History and an Oral Health Survey which gives our dentist plenty of information about how best we can help and treat you according to your individual needs.
ORAL CANCER SCREENING
- The dentist will gently feel behind your jaw as well as examine the sides of your tongue and the roof and floor of your mouth and your neck to see if there are any signs of oral cancer.
FULL MOUTH ORAL HEALTH CHECK
- The dentist will perform a thorough examination of your teeth, gums and mouth, looking for signs of disease or other problems.
- They will feel your jaw bones from outside of your mouth while you bite down to ensure that your bite is smooth, aligned, and there is no clicking or popping from your jaw joints.
- They will also inspect the grooves of your teeth to see if any of them have been cracked or smoothed down due to grinding or jaw clenching.
- His or her goal is to help maintain your good oral health and to prevent problems from becoming serious, by identifying and treating them as soon as possible.
- Depending on your age, risks of disease and symptoms the dentist may recommend X-rays. **If you are pregnant, please inform the dentist.
- An X-ray involves the dentist positioning a small X-ray film in your mouth and asking you to bite on a tab. The dentist can then steady the X-ray camera and photograph the insides of your mouth.
- This allows the dentist to examine hidden parts of your mouth such as the roots of your teeth
- They can also diagnose problems otherwise unnoticed, such as damage to jaw bones, impacted teeth, abscesses, cysts/tumours and decay between teeth.
- X-rays are never painful and certainly nothing to worry about.
INTRA ORAL CAMERA
- Depending on your age, risks of disease and symptoms the dentist may recommend an Intra Oral Camera (High definition images) to diagnose and educate you on the seriousness of any recommended treatments, if needed.
- The dentist will also create a profile of your before and after images which is helpful to yourself and the dentist to monitor your oral health.
- Once all of this is done, the dentist will have a full understanding of what your oral health needs are.
- He or she will then consult with you and go through the treatment plan, special offers and payment options available.
“We strongly believe that prevention is better than cure and this is why we spend valuable time educating our patients on preventing dental disease.”
I have been a dental patient of Sachin Patel for many years. I am a very nervous patient and Sachin is always gentle and takes time to explain the procedures before he starts any treatment.
I was a very nervous patient who hadn’t been near a dentist in over thirty years. What a find! He instantly put me at ease and explained fully the treatment that I would require.
Barbara (a very satisfied patient)
We cannot speak too highly of his abilities as a first class and ‘up to date’ dental surgeon. He has enormous skill and ability and combines these qualities with a lightness of touch, ‘soft hands’ and a caring manner.
Finlay and Caroline
The whole experience from start to finish was positive, and knowing I could call you with any concerns was very reassuring, and with yourself and vangellis talking me through every step and stage of my treatment made it a good experience for me.